Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Feb 2012 17:19:09 -0500
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (21 lines)
Thanks, 
I actually have the first book and a few of the second mentioned. 

But i am looking for something more (hmmm) in a checklist type.  For anyone who works in hospitals and are used to SOP's a step by step procedure. I know that each breastfeeding case is different in their own way but some kind of check offf sheet so that each patient seen recieves the same 'type' of care independent on which provider they are seen by. For instance if you bring your child in for a sore throat there is a procedure/checklist that the doctors goes by. So if a couplet is being seen for pain with nursing you pull up a specific checklist or if mother comes in with symptoms of mastitis then there is a checklist for that. 

I have been asked to find either a book like this or come up with something on my own (which sounds like way too much work).  I just kept trying to tell them that we work independently and every mother baby pair is not going to have the same outcome and each case is different even though their is similar steps taken for certain cases. I have never seen any kind of procedure book. 

Jessica

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2