From:
Anne Andrianos <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 23 Sep 1995 13:32:43 -0500
Is there some other information missing from this case?  I calculated a
6oz/week weight gain in the first 2 mos. when the formula was started.
Now at 3 1/2 months, baby has doubled the birth weight.  I would say there
is an OVERfeeding problem...Mother needs to discuss with MD the reasons
for such feed and be clear about desiring to go back to
BFing....recognizing that weight gain will not be at such a rate.
LC needs to communicate with MD too. Mother and Baby need to be observed
feeding, assessment of maternal supply done before going to pumps, SNS,
etc.Small breasts are generally FINE, till someone messes with the system!
Please keep in touch.
Anne Andrianos, MSN,IBCLC, LLL