Date:
Fri, 22 Jun 2007 00:21:03 -0400
-----Original Message-----
From: [log in to unmask]
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Fri, 22 Jun 2007 12:19 am
Subject: Ameda pumps

Have been off mail since computer crashed and burned, but up and running.  I have permission to post from a friend and former patient who has a 4 month old and has possession of a professional Ameda pump given to her several years ago by her nurse manager.  She has no history of hypothyroid and now with her second child just as happened with her first, she can not pump more than 1-2 oz.  I have inquired as to time of day and if she is pumping after feeding and the answer is she pumps between and earlier in day rather than later.  She wonders if the Ameda pump may be the culprit.

She pumps infrequently and feels that it's not a big deal but would like to get enough to leave  for her husband or Mom to give to baby.

Any input is gratefully accepted.

Sincerely,

Leanne Jewell RNC, IBCLC, LCCE, FACCE
S Fl