From:
Winnie Mading <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Aug 2011 14:09:55 -0700
I also despise this phrase.  I like to refer to the milk production "kicking
into high gear" after the first days.  I also point out that it is a kindness to
the baby that the flow is low the first days.  It seems to me it must be a lot
easier for a baby to master the technique of feeding when the milk volume is
"low" rather than having the initial flow as copious as it becomes later!  That
would be like being thrown into deep water and being told to swim when you have
had no opportunity to learn/practice first.
Winnie Mading
retired IBCLC and soon to be retired LLLL