From:
Mary Roney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Jul 1997 23:09:40 -0400
I had a phone call from a Mom who is breastfeeding her one month old without
any problems and loving it.  She was calling to ask about pumping enough
ahead so that when she goes back to work as a research chemist in 9 weeks,
she'll be able to continue giving breastmilk.  She has been told that she
will have to stop actually  nursing her baby at that time because she works
daily with epoxy resins, amines, and anhydrates. Is this truly a concern or
are we sacrificing breastfeeding for yet another reason?  I'd like to give
her some facts so that she can make an informed decision.

TIA  Mary Roney, IBCLC, Indianapolis