From:
Sandy Hess <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 May 1999 18:22:08 -0400
I had a call from Chick-fil-A this morning!  They have sent the request
over to marketing.  The caller noted, with surprise, that CFA had
received 12 e-mails this morning promising support.

Please! Take a moment TODAY to email Chik-fil-A and send a *brief* note
sayingthat you will help defray the cost of the Chick-fil-A "Cows
Udderly Agree" campaign by taking your family of (#) to eat a meal at
CFA during
World Breastfeeding Week;  also, (if you can do so) that you will order
at least one T-shirt; and that you appreciate CFA's willingness to get
involved in educating future mothers, and others, about this important
health care issue.

To  re-cap the campaign, I have asked CFA to draw up an ad with a couple

of cows, possibly nursing their calves, with the ad reading "Cows
Udderly Agree:  Human Milk is Best for Babies.  World Breastfeeding
Week, August 1 - 7".  This would be printed on the paper tray cover and
on the T-shirt.  Also, I sent CFA  a list of benefits of breastfeeding
mom, the baby, and the financial resources of our government and health
care system  -- to all families in general-- and asked that CFA print
the list on the side of the ad, or the back of the paper tray.

Perhaps breastfeeding advocates at various locales can organize a
certain day during WBW to meet and eat at CFA, alert the media, and
promote the cause.

I saw my doctor this morning and he excitedly said he would put the word

out in his realm of influence.  If we *all* did this, CFA can hardly say

"no"!  Right now, we definitely have their attention.  Let's get their
committment!

Please e-mail (remember, keep it short!) them at:

http://www.chick-fil-a.com/content/feedback/feedback/.htm

Of course, if you commit to any of the above methods of support, please
follow through!  Who knows where this could lead next year?  Maybe a
breastfeeding ad on their paper sacks?! :)   It is time to educate the
nation just how important breastmilk is for our children.

I have no doubt that a great deal of local  (and possibly greater) media

coverage can ensue from this project. WE CAN DO IT!

I give my permission for this post to be printed, faxed, forwarded
electronically, read, quoted, etc.  for the purpose described above.
Let's get going!

Thanks, ALL, for your help!

Sandy