From:
J C Crotteau <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Mar 1997 13:52:26 GMT
Hi,

For what it is worth I nursed #1 and #2 together for two years and then
#2 and #3 for two years.  We did not have any of the jealous behaviors or
regressing that I had heard so much about.   I never had sore nipples
after the first week with the first one(could that have been because the
expert told me 1 minute on the first side and then gradually build up to
10 minutes!! ?) All that on and off probably caused a lot of sore nipples
in those days 19 years ago.

I think my children learned to "share" at an early age and also we had
some very nice quiet times nursing together. There was always enough milk
to go around, although in the early days I made sure the  newborn got
first dibs! I am a firm believer in baby led weaning so this worked for
us.  LLL has lots of good info on tandem nursing.

Good luck to your client ,

Jane RNC, IBCLC