From:
Maurenne griese <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Feb 1998 18:52:20 -0600
Our local breastfeeding coalition is wanting to sponsor a program that
recognizes breastfeeding friendly businesses.  I saw a recent post that the
Texas Department of Health had some sort of a similar program.  What types
of criteria did you set forth to recognize these businesses?  For example,
I see women nursing their babies frequently at the local Sirloin Stockade.
However, I don't know what types of policies they may have in place for
their employees.   How did you recognize tese businesses.  Stickers on
their windows, certificates, news releases... I don't want to make the
process too complicated but on the other hand, we'd like to give credit
where credit is due.  Any help is appreciated!

TIA,

Maurenne Griese, RNC, BSN, CCE, CBE
Birth and Breastfeeding Resources  http://www.childbirth.org/bbfr
Manhattan, KS  USA