From:
"Beth E. Johnson" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 17 Jun 2001 04:34:29 -0400
On 17 Jun 2001 03:28:51 -0400, Gonneke van Veldhuizen wrote:
> This is a very nice new means of communication. However I find it less
> appropriate to use for Lactnet.The sound quality (at least in my computer) is
> not very good and that makes hard (especially for non-native English

Hi Gonneke,
You have rejoined us since Betsy signed on.  She is sight-impaired and
this is how she communicates with Lactnet.  Unfortunately I haven't been
able to access her messages as such things as "frivolous" sound files in
internet documents are still somewhat new to the workhorse Linux
operating system I run, and it's a real pain to set up!

Besty, I may or may not be able to hear a response in a timely fashion,
but I have been wondering, as a web designer, why you find this system
preferable to a screen reader and standard e-mail program that would
send regular text messages?  I wonder about the pros and cons of each.

regards,
Beth
Also wondering how Betsy navigates the web, since most sites ignore
disability guidelines which are so easy to comply with.  Shame on them!
--
Beth Johnson
Perinatal Educator, Doula

"Breastmilk: anything else is less."