Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Jan 2006 13:36:26 -0500
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (27 lines)
Can anyone tell me,

Is there research on the occurrence of galactoceles in lactating women? And where can I find more general information about them?

I am actually asking for personal problem. I have a breast lump in the 3 o'clock position on my left breast. It is 1.9 cm in diameter and I have had an ultra sound done on it. It is a complex cyst, half fluid and half mass. I am nursing my 21 month old 1x a day for about 10 minutes only on my left side. The ultrasound apparently was not conclusive about whether is was a galactocele or not. The doctor feels that is may not be due to the small amount of milk the breast is producing. I have a biopsy scheduled in just over two weeks, a long time to wait! I am looking for more information on galactoceles and I am having a hard time finding it. I am 25 years of age and have no history of breast cancer in the family, but it is still throwing me for a loop and is making me wonder. 

Anyone able to point me in a good direction? I appreciate any help, I think is will be an obsession of mine for the next couple of weeks! One the up side, in the future this aids me in the quality of support I can give to breastfeeding mom's in this area and problem, right? Thanks for any help!

Genuinely,

Alia Heise
Finger Lakes WIC, NY

To temporarily stop your subscription: set lactnet nomail
To start it again: set lactnet mail (or digest)
To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
All commands go to [log in to unmask]

The LACTNET mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned
LISTSERV(R) list management software together with L-Soft's LSMTP(R)
mailer for lightning fast mail delivery. For more information, go to:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

ATOM RSS1 RSS2