From:
Jeanette Panchula <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 May 2009 06:41:41 -0700
One of my co-workers is an IBCLC/Doula - but this is her first baby, and she
had to return to work.  Her supply has been dwindling, as she has been using
her frozen "stash" to keep on going.  We talked and I shared with her some
of my books and suggestions from Lactnet.

She just sent me a list of what she has done to help increase her
supply/reduce her needs.  If you have additional suggestions, she would
certainly entertain them!

_________________

My milk supply is sooooo much better this week! Here are the things I have
been doing (in case you want to share with anyone else)

*	Increasing pumping at work from 2 to 3 times on the days that I can
*	Taking More Milk Plus (I was taking fenugreek alone and that did not
seem to make a difference for me and I cannot stand the way it makes me
smell, but this seems to help and the smell is not quite so bad) It is
expensive (Over $40 for 1 month), but compared to the cost of formula.
*	Taking 1000-1500mg Calcium and 500-750 mg Magnesium a day (I found a
pill that has both together, the amount depends on how many times a day I
remember to take it)
*	On nights I am not exhausted (4-5 days a week), pumping right before
I go to bed. Sometimes I get a let down and sometimes I don't, but on the
nights I do I get an extra 2 oz or so.
*	Nurse on one side, pump on the other 1-2x a day on the weekend.
*	Decrease the amount sent to daycare by .5oz a bottle. I feel
comfortable doing this now that she is eating solids and it saves me 1.5oz a
day.

Anyway, with all this I ended this week with 5 extra oz. It is a big change
from having to use my dwindling freezer stash!

Megan

Jeanette Panchula

California, USA