Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Jun 2003 15:51:59 -0500
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (23 lines)
I went home and watched the GMA story on the new lipil formulas.  There was some accurate and some not!  They did say that the research is conflicting about whether they promoted brain development or not, but they spoke a lot about parents personal choice.  They showed a mom of twins who "couldn't"
breastfeed because they were born prematurely (they were 7 weeks old and at home, so how premie -don't know) who said that she was going to use the new formula if there was a "chance" that it would help and that cost wasn't a factor!  Ooohhh, I bet the formula companies loved to hear that!  They
ended it by having the correspondent (Claire Shipman) tell what she did and she said she breastfed for 3 months, then switched to the new formula when she went back to work.  Last comment was that the new formulas are "perfectly safe" and approved by the FDA.  I have already written an email to
them.  Anyone else see this segment?
Marsha

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Marsha Glass RN, BSN, IBCLC~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Mothers have as powerful an influence over the welfare of future generations as all other earthly causes combined.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~John S. C. Abbot~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

To temporarily stop your subscription: set lactnet nomail
To start it again: set lactnet mail (or digest)
To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
All commands go to [log in to unmask]

The LACTNET mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned
LISTSERV(R) list management software together with L-Soft's LSMTP(TM)
mailer for lightning fast mail delivery. For more information, go to:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

ATOM RSS1 RSS2