Date:
Fri, 25 Jun 1999 08:59:35 +0100
Thanks to all who explained to me what pedialyte is.

It is the same as Dioralyte, available in the UK. This is a prescribable
med, which you can also buy OTC at pharmacies, for babies who have suffered
D&V or who are already dehydrated.

Here, the pack says not to be used for babies under 12 months, so I don't
know if that is the UK being more cautious than the US or if it is a
slightly diff formulation. I suspect the former.

I have never heard of it being used as a supplement to breast or formula,
though as I say there was some stuff called PE (paediatric electrolyte)
available 15-20 years ago on maternity wards.

We don't have the popsicles.

Heather Welford Neil
NCT bfc Newcastle upon Tyne UK