From:
Nikki Lee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Apr 2001 15:04:29 EDT
Dear Friends:
    Pooping frequency in the newborn is important, and needs to be monitored
as long as women are isolated from experienced women who are knowledgeable
about newborns and breastfeeding.
    Sheets such as the one Barbara, Kay and I have put together are
substitutes for a village. We hope they will be used to support new mothers
and help them figure out how breastfeeding is going in the first week. May
there never be another failure to thrive baby!
    Research done by Cooper has shown that pees are not reliable indicators
of human milk intake. However, poops are.
    Warmly,
Nikki Lee RN, MSN, Mother of 2, IBCLC, CIMI
craniosacral therapy practitioner; childbirth educator
Elkins Park (a suburb of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania; northeastern USA)
supporting the WHO Code and the Mother Friendly Childbirth Initiative