Date:
Thu, 20 May 1999 18:30:53 EDT
I also have a client with this condition.  Baby is presently 3 mo. old and
although the mother does have tumors on her areola in addition to elsewhere
they have not interfered with nursing .  I was unable to find any info on
nursing with this condition also but fiqured that by the time I first saw
this mom at 1 week postpartum her ped already knew about the condition and
was letting her nurse in the hospital prior to discharge so who was I to
interfere.  This baby nurses beautifully and even does so with a small tumor
in her right nostril  on the mom's right breast.  The mother has never
questioned this and it's not bothering the baby one bit.  If there's no
problem why intervene?
Kristine Hynes RN,BSN,IBCLC
Palos Park, IL  USA