From:
Janet Simpson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 May 1997 18:28:11 -0700
Hi All,
Denise asked:

How about dummies (pacifiers)?  Do you
say anything to mothers/parents when you see these poor little babies with
great big brightly coloured plugs stuffed in their mouths so they can't even
babble?

Yes, I say something.  I will get asked where my sons paci is and I'll make
a yucky face and say something like "Yuck, a pacifier?  They are such a
pain.  Always falling out on the floor, then you have o try and wash them.
The grossest thing is when a mom puts it in her mouth first, then gives it
to the baby!  Besides, I want to be able to see my babies beautiful smile
and hear him "talk" ."  If I talk to a mom whose bb has a "plug", I'll say
something like, "What a cutie!  Too bad you can't see his/her smile."

Happy Mother's Day!

Jay
PS  PJ is up to a healthy 16 lbs!  At just 3 mo old, he has started creeping
and tries to grab anything put in front of him (of course, once he gets it,
it goes stright into his mouth!).  And he giggles like mad if you
"raspberry" his cheeks!
Jay Simpson, CLE
Sacramento, CA
Mama Milk is the Greatest!