From:
"James A. Kaiser" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Aug 1995 16:40:14 EDT
Hi all.  As a LLL Leader I usually only work with moms who are breastfeeding, or
trying to!  I'm not up-to-date on what is done postpartum in the hospital for a
mom who is going to bottle-feed her infant.  I know that Parlodel is no longer
used, but is it true that most hospitals bind the breasts of new moms?  I've
heard this twice in the past day from different sources, and it sounds
absolutely archaic.  I also heard today that at Vanderbilt hospital here in
Nashville there are ER residents who bind moms who come in with engorgement or
mastitis.  Unbelievable.

Anyway, would appreciate knowing how lactation is suppressed in the hospital
setting.  Thanks in advance.

Cathy Kaiser, LLL Leader