From:
Judy Ritchie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Sep 2007 12:16:53 -0700
Since the UK article on breast motion studies, I have been doing some
research for a colleague.
This is an interesting suggestion below for athletes.  I wonder if
it would help women with Raynaud's of the nipple also.

Judy Ritchie

http://www.sportsdoctor.com/articles/breasts3.html

Common breast injuries
Nipple burn, caused by abrasion of clothing, can result in painful blisters
and bleeding. It occurs in men as well as women.
To prevent abrasion, apply a lubricant, such as Vaseline, and cover the
nipple with a Band-Aid or gauze pad anchored with porous paper tape.
Commercial products such as Second Skin or Nu Skin are also effective.

*Bicyclists can get a painful cold-induced nipple injury resulting from the
combination of perspiration and wind chill. This can be prevented by wearing
evaporative materials in bras and clothing, plus layers of insulation and a
windbreaking jacket.
Cotton and cotton/polyester bras may aggravate nipple burn.
Cotton/polypropylene seamless bras work best to facilitate sweat evaporation
and limit chafing.*