Date:
Wed, 19 May 1999 17:15:42 EDT
Thought I'd throw this out to the great Lactnet minds...I'm now working with
a little guy who is 8 weeks old and only 1.5 lbs. over birth weight.  He's
breastfeeding well, with excellent milk transfer, frequency, and output.
He's been on Cisipride and Zantac for GE reflux for 6 weeks, and mom (an
intelligent mother) is feeling the meds are causing this problem.  Has anyone
else had a similar experience?  (I sent her back to the military pedi for
checks for everything I could think of, including UTI, cardiac, and CF).  We
began supplementation immediately with expressed breast milk and he'll see
the doc tomorrow.  Any ideas??

Kathy Parkes, RN, IBCLC
The Lactation Connection (TLC)
www.tlc4moms.com