From:
laurie wheeler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Apr 1999 19:08:05 PDT
Ilene
How frustrating! How to proceed? Ilene, one thing you should try to
remember, most hcps who recommend weaning or pump and dump REALLY feel
they are doing the best and most appropriate thing. Start from there.
And let him know that you are coming from the perspective of it is THE
FAMILY WHO really wants to preserve bf and not you.

Now you can surely send info, the latest AAP or Hale's info, even a
note stating that you checked with the pedi and he said it's ok (I'm
assuming this was the mom's dr involved). Also share with the family
that this is the info you have and that the info reveals that weaning
would not be necessary. Then let them go to bat for their case. (I
know this is hard in some circumstances, but we can't change the world
all by ourselves or in one day - this has been hard for me to accept
:) Surely this will at least plant a seed with this doc.

Laurie Wheeler, RN, MN, IBCLC
Violet Louisiana, USA