Date:
Sun, 11 Apr 1999 07:49:18 EDT
<<  Ditto for me about info regarding this.  My LLL co-leader's grandmother
has
 both and they are extremely interested in anything that may help.  She is
 interested in anything they could show the doctors too as well any
 observations any of you might have on this topic.  There is a ready, willing,
 adequate and safe source of milk for her.  >>

The information available about breastmilk and Chron's disease and/or
ulcerative colitis is very small.  I would urge you to have your Co-Leader
document everything (blood work, lab tests, x-rays, etc), both before and
after breastmilk therapy is started.  All of this could be written up by your
co-leader and submitted for publication, or could be written up by the docs
involved.

The literature base is small. Let's add to it!

Margie Forrest, RN, BSN, IBCLC