From:
Denise Punger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Nov 1999 15:51:13 PST
One last word about kidsgrowth from me. As the health care professional in
me read Denny Rice's response, I thought it looked really great. Most 2.5
year olds would have no problem with her gentle plan. I am glad she took the
initiative for change.

But as William's mama my self esteem was real bruised as I read the part
about not given into tantrums and that I would regret it. I wondered regret
what?  The point I would like to simply make is if a mom comes to you with a
2.5 yo child or older who cries an hour or until he vomits and decides to
give in to the tantrum, think about William. Give this mom alot of
encouragement on her breastfeeding accomplishments and remind her of all the
long term health benefits to continue breastfeeding. Sharing my unique
experiences does help empower me to continue a mutual beneficial nursing
relationship.

Now that my bruise is healed onto another topic. I am not aware of any
contraindication to receive the flu shot while breastfeeding. Don't get the
injection if you are pregnant. I want to right more about why doctors write
so many antibiotic prescriptions, but I will need more time.

Denise Punger MD
http://doctor.medscape.com/denisepungermd