From:
Natalie Wilson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Sep 2005 17:18:28 -0400
Here is a new study relating to the subject.  I wonder what is meant by "Neonatal jaundice is a greater problem for infants fed breast milk".  This is a very interesting piece of information on beta-glucuronidase role in breastmilk, but I am not so sure about the general conclusions that can be derived from this study.  Mead Johnson were involved.  I'd like to hear some opinions about the validity of the study.

Gourley GR et al. A controlled, randomized, double-blind trial of prophylaxis against jaundice among breastfed newborns. Pediatrics. 2005 Aug;116(2):385-91.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=pubmed&dopt=Abstract&list_uids=16061593&query_hl=5

Warmly,

Natalie Wilson

LLL of NC