Date:
Wed, 18 Jul 2001 20:02:11 EDT
It was reported:

<< Let me add that the baby did NOT fall out of bed while
 sleeping with mother, the mom dropped the baby trying to struggle out of bed
 while holding the baby so she could get to the bathroom.  Of COURSE I know it
 is crazy to now get excited about co-sleeping!) >>

WEll, perhaps in order to avoid liability, the mother should only hold their
babies under direct supervision of an RN.  If the RN has other things she has
to do, the baby can be put back in the crib and then sent to the nursery.
That way, neither the mother nor the father would possibly drop the baby, and
the hospital couldn't be held responsible for this nefarious practice of
actually allowing women to touch/hold their infants without direct
supervision.

What CAN this hospital be thinking of?

Jan -- also old, crotchety, and sick of stupidity!