From:
Diane Perrone <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Aug 2006 09:27:48 -0500
In my opinion, which is pro a particular brand of breastpump, the major
deciding factors come down to:
1.  Comfort
2.  Efficiency
3.  Ease of cleaning
4.  Availability of replacement parts

The $300-400 range pumps are available from several manufacturers.  Most
would pass the comfort test; however, the Px breastshield has a very narrow
tunnel and is not comfortable for many mothers.  It will not work to remove
the soft inset to get to a larger size tunnel on this pump.

Efficiency is another major factor.  A's pump is quite efficient for mothers
who can figure out how to set a rhythm that works for them.

Ease of cleaning is a big consideration for working women.  The more parts,
the more time-consuming the process when disassembling, cleaning and
reassembling.  Px's and A's both have lots more parts.

Availability of replacement parts is a big consideration for many mothers.
When something is lost or broken, most women need a replacement the same
day.  I carry M's pump  models and all the replacement parts.  I often get
calls before/after hours, weekends, holidays, etc., when clients need
replacement parts.  I am happy to do that for them.

So my humble opinion is that M's product is the best choice.  It does wear
out - - they all will eventually wear out.
Diane Perrone, RNC
Materna Wellborn
Algonquin   IL  USA