From:
Royce Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 27 Jan 2008 14:45:59 -0600
Greetings to all of my wise sisters,

1st of all I would like to ask for your thoughts & prayers.  My very 1st
Doula client (at least my 1st when I knew it had a name) and I became very
close during her 1st pregnancy; since then I have helped her with two more
with another one due next month.

Obviously I feel like part of the family; I even spend holidays in their
home.  Branagh, the 1st, is now 9 years and has been ill for nearly two
weeks; she was transferred from our nearby hospital to Children's for
further testing.  We know now that she had Acute Myelogenous Leukemia.  She
had a bolus of chemo directly into her spine when they did the spinal tap
and began chemo in earnest yesterday.  It's supposed to be a horrible
regimen with considerable downtime due to side effects. So please keep Miss
Branagh and her mother, Jessica in your thought and prayers.

Now, on to my question; Jessica is due in 4 weeks; will have a natural
delivery & begin nursing ASAP; what do you all think about getting
Breastmilk (assuming mom has the time and energy to pump as well as feed
baby) into Branagh?

You may e-mail me privately if you prefer.

Royce

What you permit, you promote

Royce Anderson
RN, IBCLC, RLC, CD (DONA)