From:
Chris Hafner-Eaton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 May 1997 22:45:41 -0800
 Is it just me, or did I just watch an entire 20-20 segment on Breasts that
never once mentioned that they have a biological function which is
intragrally related to the definition of being a mammal?  The entire
"expose" was on breast size from a cosemetic perspective and how it damages
women's psychies.  Ughhhh...not to mention the fact that they failed to
include any physical health aspects of breasts...not breast cancer,
breastfeeding, or even how breast augmentation can affect erectile tissue
for that matter.   And, if we really want to get petty about the fact that
this was an incredibly shallow piece, they didn't discuss the shape of
breasts.  Remember the LN string on pendulous breasts?  You can have lots
of volume, but your breasts point toward the floor (but not a one of
20-20's interviewees or models had these).  My DH's comment...what do
expect in 10 minutes?  Just wait till I get to turn that comment around on
him...

: )Chris Hafner-Eaton, PhD, MPH, CHES, IBCLC  email: [log in to unmask]   : )
: )HSR & Health Educational Consultant        voice/fax: 541 753 7340    : )
: )LLLLLLLLLLLLL**CHANGE THE WORLD, NURTURE A CHILD!**LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL : )