From:
Sonya Shaver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Mar 2012 16:56:35 -0400
Hi Dr. Martin,
That is discouraging that your referrals are happening that way at times,
especially given that you are a physician yourself.  Is there any benefit
to waiting?  I guess I'm just wondering what is behind that thought.  Why
do you think they are reluctant?  Wouldn't there be even more risk to wait,
if later it would be a procedure that requires GA?

Could you maybe tell the parents which physician/s in the practice to ask
for?  Is there a way to say that and not comprise anything professionally?
 Could you say, "I usually send people to Dr. X or Y for this procedure, so
you might be sure you get one of them"?  Do you call and make the referral
yourself?  Or does someone else in your office do that?  You could ask them
to make sure the appointment is made with the person that you request.

I second the idea though of going and talking to the physicians in the
practice.  Maybe you could ask for a lunch meeting and present them with
some new research/information.

Good luck,
Sonya Shaver, BS, CHES, IBCLC