From:
Liz Cammin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Aug 2007 10:15:39 -0400
I'm a LLL Leader so I don't do follow up unless I get a call from a mom,
but when I had my two babies, there was no follow up at all.  They did
have appointments with their doctor at 1 week, but if I wanted
breastfeeding follow up I was required to contact the LC at the hospital
myself.  This was at Covenant Medical Center in Saginaw, MI.  Apparently
now they have their LC's working as postpartum nurses instead of only
doing LC work.  And, they give out bags too... but I did have a couple
of good postpartum nurses who helped me with breastfeeding my second.  I
still saw the IBCLC though because it had been over 2 years since I
nursed a newborn and needed a second opinion!  :)

I went home after 24 hours with my second, and just under 48 with my
first, both vaginal births.

Liz Cammin, RN, LLLL