From:
Mary Broadfoot <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 23 May 1998 08:19:20 +0100
I believe that soy formula is freely available in the UK.  It can be
prescribed by a GP (family doctor), but (if my memory serves me well) is not
available through the welfare system (milk tokens; intended to provide
formula or liquid milk for nursing mother's consumption until a child is 1
year old , and 1 pint of liquid milk a day until child reaches age 5); that
is, you can't exchange tokens for soy formula.   Milk tokens are available
to those receiving state benefits - largely unemployed and very low income.

Mary Broadfoot, Paisley, Scotland
The Breastfeeding Network - Independent Support and Information about
Breastfeeding http://webzone1.co.uk/www/cathus/bfnindex.htm