From:
Mary Schultz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Jun 2000 12:38:21 EDT
Re: doctor's visit rant:

Corrine (& Jennifer):

In defense of the doc...since this was your first visit, I don't know if the
new doc had the benefit of old records or a growth chart, but if this weight
represented a significant change of percentile from your son's previous
growth pattern or previous growth velocity, it DOES bear watching.  Kids do
grow in fits and starts, and your son may just be in a bit of a lull
weight-wise....but in this situation, I would suggest a weight re-check in
about six weeks or so to follow his growth velocity.

However, having said that, as a lact-nut myself, who nursed baby #1 to 17
months, and #2 to 27 months, I'm obviously prejudiced (ha-ha!!), but it does
sound like this new doc could use a little friendly education into the
benefits of long-term nursing.

Mary Schultz, MD
Peoria, IL