Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 May 2014 11:27:26 -0400
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (19 lines)
Hi everyone,

PTP: I'm working with a mom and her 5 month old baby.  Mom has a seizure disorder that is controlled with medication.  Mom has been taking Fenugreek, has had several episodes of mastitis treated with anitibiotics and non-medication interventions. She prefers to pump and feed via bottle , but does breast feed several times a day.

She was recently in the hospital for 3 days as her seizure medication level was too high.  Her neurologist asked her to stop taking the Fenugreek while her medication level is stabilized.  Her level is still too high.  She is experiencing a dramatic reduction in her supply since hospitalization and discontinuation of Fenugreek.  She is considering restarting the Fenugreek.  Her infant is not showing signs of readiness for complementary foods, but we discussed this as an option if her supply remains low.

I'm wondering if anyone can guide me to research/evidence to assist her in making an informed decision re: use of Fenugreek in this situation.

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2