From:
Pamela Morrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Jul 2004 09:17:06 +1000
Kathleen, I think I can safely say that Lactnet has been not just
"valuable", but "invaluable", to thousands of us, scattered all over the
world, and in more ways than you can possibly imagine.   Although I don't
post much any more, and may only skim or simply save my digests for weeks
at a time nowadays, I have subscribed to Lactnet on a more or less
continuous basis since about 1996, and it has proved to be an absolute
lifeline for me.  The opportunity, created by Lactnet, to have instant and
continuous contact with a whole worldwide community of other LCs, and the
very best brains in the field of lactation, when I was almost completely
isolated in Zimbabwe, was an amazing gift.  To be able to brainstorm,
exchange information, share ideas and receive support enabled me to feel
connected to a whole movement that was somewhere out there, even though I
was home alone, fumbling around in the dark.  Contacts made through
Lactnet, some of them leading to wonderful friendships, have also enabled
me to cross oceans and gain opportunities and experiences that would never
otherwise have been possible.  For me, a highlight of the ILCA Conference
last year in Sydney was the intriguing and fascinating experience of
finally being able to *meet* so many of the amazing contributors to
Lactnet.  Now that I'm living in Australia and not working daily with
mothers and babies, something I hope to rectify at some distant time in the
future as soon as circumstances permit, Lactnet still enables me to feel
"connected" and up to date by listening in to the daily joys and
frustrations, problems and successes of those who are.

There are no words to say how grateful we are to you, to the original
founders of Lactnet, and to those who continue to give their time to make
Lactnet the incredible resource that it is.

Pamela Morrison IBCLC (in Australia, from Zimbabwe)

Kathleen Bruce writes:

 >>>Dear Jan, and all, I am glad that Lactnet continues to be a voice and an
educational tool for those really interested in lactation issues.  I have
been working on Lactnet now since 1995.  That makes it 10 years of my life.
Wow. There are complaints that this list has changed from days of old. We
are not as small. We are not as intimate. People have requested that we make
it a private list, not accessible without application. Sometimes, I feel
that we have lost something when the list became so big. However, I am glad
to know it is valuable to some, and I
hope it continues to be so.<<<