From:
Helen Armstrong <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 May 2002 13:22:13 -0400
You may want to read the Global Strategy for Infant and Young Child Feeding that has now been adopted by the World Health Assembly in Geneva.  It is available at www.who.int/gb/EB_WHA/PDF/WHA55/eaffif.pdf
Each of us comes from a Member State of the WHO, I believe, and therefore this paper represents a way of moving forward with policies and programmes that were developed through a long process of international consultation and discussion.
Let's bring it to the attention of our health policy makers wherever we are, and might we also consider having our various organizations endorse it as a platform for action over the next years?  It is fairly comprehensive, and there are things in it for every country to work on....
Enjoy the reading, at least!
Helen