From:
Barbara Latterner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Jan 2005 10:47:02 EST
Vaishali,

I include these two handouts in my bf class handouts (a few of which you also
have) and this book list: (I have just copied my handouts in their entirety)

Highly Recommended Books on Breastfeeding and Parenting

Breastfeeding:

The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding; La Leche League International
The Ultimate Breastfeeding Book of Answers; Dr Jack Newman and Teresa Pitman
Bestfeeding: Getting Breastfeeding Right for You; Mary Renfrew, Chloe Fisher &
 S. Arms
The Breastfeeding Book; Martha Sears, RN, and William Sears, MD
Nursing Mother, Working Mother; Gale Pryor
(Above books available from La Leche League International;
www.lalecheleague.org)

Parenting:

The Baby Book; William Sears and Martha Sears
Becoming a Father; Wm Sears
Your Amazing Newborn; Marshall Klaus and Phyllis Klaus
The Continuum Concept; Jean Leidloff
Father's Milk: Nourishment & Wisdom for the First-Time Father; Andre Stein
Good Nights: The Happy Parent's Guide to the Family Bed; Dr Jay Gordon &M
Goodavage
Between Parent and Child; Haim Ginott
Mothering; the thinking parents magazine

These are just some of the wonderful books available that demonstrate a true
understanding of babies/children's needs.  Meeting your baby's needs now with
respect for her/him as a person will help to enable your child to be
independent, secure and trusting later, when such independence is age appropriate.
Beware of the "how to" resources that offer a quick fix; people usually don't
respond well to such advice and babies are people.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Recommended Breastfeeding Websites:

For New Mothers, “Old Mothers”, Mothers-to-Be
                Enjoy, Learn, Share!

breastfeedingonline.com : Cindy Curtis, IBCLC; good links; Jack Newman, MD’s
info sheets
lalecheleague.org :  La Leche League International; state of the art
breastfeeding information
www.promom.org :  articles, links
www.breastfeeding.com :  accurate info;  online discussion board
www.mothering.com :  Mothering magazine site
www.prarienet.org/laleche/dettwyler.htm :  articles, links
www.internetbabies.com/MOBI :  discussion forum for difficulties with
breastfeeding
motherlove.com :  herbals for pregnancy and breastfeeding
www.onelist.com/community/DadsofBreastfedbabes
www.drjaygordon.com:  pediatrician who's breastfeeding friendly; also often
offers alternative approach to common infant health concerns
www.nd.edu/~alfac/mckenna/reflections.html: Dr James McKenna's site; expert
on co-sleeping research
www.wiessinger.baka.com:  Diane Wiessinger's site for info on breastfeeding
with an often light touch; highly recommended before baby arrives
www.borstvoeding.com/abon/bf-resources.htm: resources for breastfeeding;
excellent list of online information

Hope these help and best of luck with your presentation.
Barbara Latterner, BSN, RN, IBCLC