From:
T Pitman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Jan 1999 12:48:55 -0500
I actually caught this segment of the show - I was changing channels and the
word "breastmilk" caught my attention (what finely tuned ears we Lactnuts
have!).

The woman said that men like to either drink her milk or see her express it.
She has a baby (I think she said it was 5 months old or something like
that). Jerry made some comment about taking milk away from her baby and she
said she had plenty of milk. Anyway, the audience was horrified.

My son (14) (and breastfed for close to five years) thought it was funny,
but he was surprised by the audience reaction. He commented that people
think it's very normal to drink milk that has come out of a cow's udder but
that it's somehow disgusting to drink milk from a person.

Teresa Pitman
LLL Leader, Oakville, Ontario