From:
Nikki Lee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Feb 2001 09:06:25 EST
Dear Friends:
    I'd like to add a little to what Diane has so beautifully said about
oversupply and the need for some mothers to nurse one breast for 6 hours. And
thanks to Jean Cotterman for the reminder!
    I am working with a mother now whose baby has finally settled down and
stopped throwing up, spitting up, fussing and crying (all while growing fast
and furiously) when his mother went to 12 hours per side. Perhaps her storage
capacity is huge, perhaps it is the mix of her milk, or the amount of it or a
combination of all. This is the first time I have ever seen this happen,
although I have read about it.
    There is a suspicion of allergies with this little fellow, also. His
scalp patches and eczema have cleared since his mom has stopped eating soy.
She is now taking Dr. Jack's suggestion and using a digestive enzyme
supplement with every meal as this boy is still having green poops. She is
resistant to the idea of going to a pediatric allergist for testing.
    I will keep you posted.
    Warmly,
Nikki Lee RN, MSN, Mother of 2, IBCLC, CIMI
craniosacral therapy practitioner; childbirth educator
Elkins Park (a suburb of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania; northeastern USA)
supporting the WHO Code and the Mother Friendly Childbirth Initiative