From:
Daniel Ward <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Mar 1998 09:07:02 -0500
Hi All,
  I agree with the all the posts that have been presented. Here is
another consideration, I read in researching toddler nursing for one of
my moms, that sometimes the foods toddlers consume set up unusual
bacteria in the mouth which can cause problems. As this child is now
probably eating a more expanded diet, this may be the problem. You could
recommend that this mom rinse baby's mouth with water after  he/she eats
solids and/or gently wiping teeth with damp gauze after eating as a way
to minimize the possibility of bacteria. It will also encourage the mom
to take care of her child's teeth and accustom the child to good tooth
care.

Leslie Ward
Vine Grove, KY
"There are many paths to a meaningful sense of the natural world."
Blackfoot proverb