From:
"Dr. Arun Nair" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Nov 1997 06:43:58 +0400
I realise some words have gone missing in my posting of the hypoglycemia
protocol.

The missing words in the first page  should read 2.6 mmol/l (45mg%). Again in
the second page the missing word
should read 10%dextrose infusion to run at the rate of 6- 8 mg/kg/min( 100 ml -
140 ml/kg/day).One should not be bothered about doing dextrostix
in normal healthy term babies unless there are risk factors, because in these
babies' there is enough compensatory mechanisms to have no deleterious effects
even if they get hypoglycemic. At risk babies normally does not exceed 10% of
the total born in any facility unless it is a high risk centre.

Sincerely

Arun Nair.

----------
> From: Automatic digest processor <[log in to unmask]>
> To: Recipients of LACTNET digests <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject: LACTNET Digest - 2 Nov 1997
> Date: Monday, November 03, 1997 9:00 AM

> Topics of the day:
>
>   1. fussy at breast
>   2. sadness during MER
>

> To post a note  to the 1500+ subscribers of  LACTNET, send your note to
> To change your subscription options as in those listed below, send  computer
> commands listed below, via e-mail to:

>      To restart mail after being nomail -------------- SET LACTNET MAIL
>         For Information on other commands------------    HELP
>               For Information on Search Functions-------------     INFO