Date:
Sun, 30 Sep 2012 23:47:21 +0100
>Heather, I think Pat is right about early feeding making its mark on
>anatomy. Pat, I got the impression you disagreed with the claim that this
>is due to evolution (as do Heather and I) but that you confirm the
>existence of an individual effect, as do I

And as do I.....but the way the statement was written was misleading,
if that's what was meant by it!

We have already seen, earlier last century, doctors suggest that
'insufficient milk syndrome' was a *physiological* change brought
about on woman's bodies  by increased formula feeding. When of course
it is nothing of the kind.

So it is not beyond the scope of possible that we have another doctor
here positing *phsyiological* change.

If this is not what was meant, then the doctor needs to write it in a
way that the meaning is clear :)

>The way we use our bodies affects how they look. I noticed long ago that
>speakers of US English have less developed oral musculature than do
>speakers of French or Norwegian or Swedish or German or any other language
>that has hyper-rounded vowels. We use our lips, cheeks and tongues much
>more over here because we need to distinguish between at least a dozen
>diferent specific vowel sounds. In US English you can speak  correctly with
>a much more relaxed face :-) When you are alerted to this feature it is
>impossible NOT to notice it.

I have seen this and it is possible to guess at the accent/language
of someone speaking on TV, with the sound down.

I *know* that breastfeeding (and subsequent diet) affects dental
alignment, facial and oral structure, and consequent
functioning.....no argument there!

Heather Welford Neil

NCT bfc, tutor, UK