From:
Cathy Liles <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Mar 1998 01:08:07 -0600
I'm a little late on this post, but several yeaers ago we had a mother
bitten by a rabid animal. Texas Department of Health Rabies Division
researched this for us and confirmed that rabies is not transmitted through
milk and the antidote is not contraindicated in breastfeeding and further is
not orally bioavailable if ingested- that is why a series of shots is given.
Please reassure this mother. Cathy Liles