From:
Pat Young <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 May 2002 18:28:44 -0400
I've even threaded a SNS tube under the shield.  I try not to have babies
build up so much aversion by quit trying to latch as soon as baby gets
upset, and/or stop trying completely for a period of time so baby can
"forget" what made him so aversive in the first place.  I also prefer finger
feeding for most feedings in this sort of situation, gradually (over days)
lowering bottle so baby has to suck harder for reward.and of course doing
skin to skin things as much as possible, co-sleeping with as little clothing
as possible, bathing etc.  I like what you said about honoring the baby,
nice phrase to show respect for how baby feels about whole situation.
Sincerely, Pat in SNJ