Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Apr 2011 13:27:42 -0400
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (18 lines)
Looking for some input on a client I am working with (permission to post). Mom called me due to having a late pre-term baby who was having trouble with latching and delayed lactogenesis. There were some issues with baby (TT, vacuum birth) which we addressed, but my question is related to her milk production. Mom's milk volume is very low, and is increasing very slowly despite regular pumping with a hospital grade pump (and proper flange fit etc). Mom has some kind of kidney issue that has not yet been diagnosed, and she has had some mild blood pressure issues because of this. Mom has no other red flags for low milk production, so I'm wondering if anyone has any info about milk production and kidney issues? Mom is going to talk to her doctor about meds/herbs, but given the fact that the kidney problem has not been diagnosed yet, she is unlikely to be able to take them. I have encouraged mom to continue pumping and putting baby to breast to preserve milk production as the issue is diagnosed, in hopes that if it is treatable, her milk production may increase. Anyone have any experience with something similar?

Warmly,
Fleur Bickford BSc., RN, IBCLC, LLLL
Ottawa, Ontario
www.nurturedchild.ca

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2