From:
Diane Wiessinger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Jan 1998 06:04:55 -0500
Thank you all for your info on TTN.  I know only a bit more than I said
about the baby involved.  He's her second.  Her first nursed to age 2, so
no problem with commitment or, apparently, technique.  Baby weighed
something over 12 lb following a vaginal birth with no tearing... so I
can't imagine it was a "precipitous" birth.

Since baby has been diagnosed w/ pneumonia as well as TTN, the dad felt it
would likely be several days before they got him home.  But the mom has
been holding him, has been alerting the staff to how calm he is when he's
held, and is keeping them posted on his behavior during nursings as well.
She said when he sees her thru the plexiglas, he "tries to suck on the
glass".  I don't know about that, but it sure sounds like a pair that's
going to do fine.

Diane Wiessinger, MS, IBCLC, LLLL  Ithaca, NY