From:
"Carrie L. Bryant" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 31 Jul 1998 13:09:03 -0500
Hello Lactnetters:

I have a situation with a client that I was wondering if any of you have had
this situation arise.

This woman is pregnant with her second child.  She was told when pregnant
with her first that she could not breastfeed because of severe eczema on her
breasts.  She is using a cortizone creme on her breasts that the doctor said
would not be safe for the baby.  She did not breastfeed and felt very
cheated.

Her eczema is really bad and she said that the only relief that she gets
from it is putting this creme on her skin.  When she breaks out, the sores
ooze and sometimes they bleed.  She would like to breastfeed.

Does anyone have any ideas?  I looked cortizone up in the Medications For
Mother's Milk and there is only information on oral.

Thanks,
Carrie