Date:
Thu, 14 Dec 2000 10:04:16 EST
Breastfeeding support groups. I work at a large "6000 births a year" in
Memphis. We tryed to start Breastfeeding support groups several times. Our
biggest problem was assigning a facilitator from must needed staff and having
one or none Moms show up. About 4 years ago, we got the bright idea to
combine it with an exisisting new Mom's support group. facilitated with a
local Parenting center, We soon found out that about 98% of the Mom's
attending were Breastfeeding so the presence of a Lactation consultant was
welcome. The parenting center left due to change in their funding and we
continued with the group. We took over the leadership and its still going
strong. Good luck, it's a great thing !
                Pat Riley RNC,MS,IBCLC