From:
Judy Ritchie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 Dec 2006 16:37:50 -0700
Wonder what pregnancy/breastfeeding support Romanian mothers get.
Judy Ritchie

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06343/744012-37.stm

Visit Romania for a vacation that matters
Saturday, December 09, 2006
Two weeks earlier we were home in Missouri getting ready for Christmas. Now
the whole Fisher family -- my husband, Hal, Emma, Lilly and I -- are in
Romania, at Tutova Hospital's Failure to Thrive Clinic with seven other
people from Global Volunteers. We're one of the largest Global Volunteer
teams to make the trip to the hospital in Tutova, a tiny town in northeast
Romania.
----
Most of the children at Tutova have been brought to the clinic because they
were severely underweight or their families were simply too poor to
adequately care for them. They typically stay until they are 3 years old or
until they can either return to their families, get adopted or move on to
another facility.