Date:
Sun, 7 Apr 2002 08:47:15 -0500
At 11:23 AM 4/6/02 -0500, you wrote:
>Greetings, Does anyone have experience or literature regarding natural
>remedies to help mom sleep? A client was wondering about Valerian,
>Melatonin,Kava, etc. her child is 8 mos. old. Hales book sees somewhat
>lacking in info around more natural remedies, and possibly discouraging of
>them suggesting prescription drugs as a safer option.

Chris, has she tried Rescue Remedy?  I have several mothers who find that
RR calms their minds enough for sleep to come. It does not induce sleep but
it enables a person to sleep. I use it myself for sleep when the mind is
racing or I am too tired to sleep.

I recommend that a tense mother put 4 drops into everything that she drinks
throughout the day. This lessens her overall tension. Then she has the
bottle at her bedside and puts 4 drops under her tongue before lying down.
This has worked very well for my clients.

There is no concern with breastfeeding or with using RR too often. It is
found in all health food stores and the small bottle costs about $10 and
lasts quite a while.

Pat Gima, IBCLC
Milwaukee, Wisconcin
Mailto:[log in to unmask]