From:
Phyllis Harris -Swenson IBCLC <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Oct 2000 20:24:33 -0700
Dear Rachel,
Thanks for coming to my mail box.  When I stay off line for a couple of
days and get bombarded with days of reading.  Let's see if I can stick to
one letter & finish it at one sitting.  I know I owe a few notes to
others.  Hang in there.  I just lost my SIL to cancer.  Same age.

<original
Don't know if you saw my post in response to yours on Lactnet, but I am
curious about the source of your statement about squatting position for
birth in Sweden.  As I am a midwife in Norway I am always interested in
how
the rest of the world perceives Scandinavia.  It seems that Scandinavia
appears to be one united front from the outside, while there are
remarkable
differences between the countries despite our huge amount of common
ground.
Examples: strong, uninterrupted midwifery traditions in all countries,
but
nursing as minimum entry level in Norway and Sweden and direct entry only
in
Denmark; extensive involvement of midwives in all antenatal, postnatal
and
gynecologic care in Sweden, and almost no midwives in Norway doing
anything
but antenatal and intrapartum care.
There are more, but I need to help my son with his French homework!
regards
Rachel Myr