From:
Patrica Young <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Oct 1999 06:57:33 -0400
Dear Anne, one of the biggest consequences of abruptly weaning like this is
the prolonged sadness, regret, blow to self-esteem,
major sense of loss, and  grief.  36 years after weaning my son like this I
am still in touch with these feelings whenever reminded of that time.  The
regret and anger really comes when you discover that it wasn't necessary.
I've heard others mention what women in their 70s & 80s say about
situations like this.  I think part of it is because instinctively we know
that nursing our babies is part of the whole package of being female, not
an option to use or discard as whims, customs or misinformation  may
indicate.  Oops really must put this soapbox away.  sincerely, Pat in SNJ